Wednesday, June 01, 2011

We're Back from San Antonio/Austin

It was so much fun! The boys did great in the rented Minivan. They enjoyed watching their shows on the portable tv's. That really helped. Most of the time they were sleep. We leave around naptime. :) LOL!

We were able to stop and have dinner with my brother in Austin, see my friend from college Nathalie in San Marcos and finally make our way to San Antonio late that night. We took the shuttle to Sea World at 9am for our breakfast with Sesame Street characters. I'm sorry. I don't have the pictures to post, but I PROMISE I will do it tonight.
It was nice to be inside and avoid the crowds to be in the park early! There was already a line to get inside at 9am, so people must have come out there at 8am. Craziness!

They loved feeding the dolphins, Shamoo show, sea lions, penguins and the aquarium with all the fish! They went to the spray park, but Chase didnt' want to get sprayed! LOL!

We left at 1:30 b/c it was sooo freaking hot and plus it was pretty much nap time. Went back to the hotel, took showers/changed clothes and heading out to the Riverwalk. Hubby and I didn't eat at Sea World, so we drove to pick up something while the boys napped in the car. I think we stayed in the parking garage for 30 minutes at the Riverwalk to finish out their nap.
We then ate dinner(boys ate) at Sbarro in the mall and then did the boat ride. It was a little too long for them or me, I don't know.
Afterwards we left San Antonio on the way back to Austin. We got in the hottub at the Austin hotel that night and just chilled.

The next morning I went and got Mcdonald's pancakes and Bagels for us and then headed over to see my fried Sara from my old job in FW. She has a little 16 month old boy named Ford. Christina you remember Sara right? So we went by her house and chatted and then head to HEB and was back on the road to DFW.

Then at 5 we headed to our friend's house in our neighborhood where he grilled some declious steaks , yummy! I brought our inflatable pool and Preston, Chase and another little girl went swimming. Preston decided it would be more fun to run and then jump/slide into the pool. He had a great time. Chase. Not so much! LOL! I can't wait to bring it back out this weekend in our yard. We had a blast! :)

Monday was relaxation day, even though we did go to the Allen Outlets and stop by my parents house or and looked at some gorgeous Highland Homes in Allen. I LOVE highland homes. I really hope we can purchase our next home Highland. That would be awesome! Anyways, that was fun. These were 400k-700k homes. So we wouldn't ever be able to afford that, but it's nice to look and dream! :) Highland offers lower priced homes from the 200's-300's.

Then we had Babe's Chicken for dinner and we took the boys to the park that evening. ALL in ALL it was a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Both of us enjoyed getting away and the boys did an awesome job. I really want to take them to Virginia next to see my sister. Not sure when though.

I have more to talk about, but that will be in another post tonight.
CIAO!

2 comments:

Mazzy said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! So glad you did!!!

Matt and Abby said...

saw sea world pics on facebook. looks like a great time!!