Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Three Day Break

The time is almost here. What am I talking about? The weekend when my husband is taking the boys down to see his parents for July 4th weekend. They are leaving at noon on Friday and Returning around 3 or 4pm Monday.

Oh. My. GOSH! I never thought this was going to happen anytime soon. I was shocked when my husband mentioned that he wanted to do it by himself and that I could stay here and have a weekend to myself/do do work around the house. LOL! Which is okay b/c i need to finish painting the bathroom, Clean out almost all closets and donate to goodwill, rearrange sippe cups in cabinets in kitchen and much much more.

I am really going to miss those boys, I mean really. I will get lonely quick, but will enjoy what I'm going to accomplish and the errands and shopping(wont' be much of this) I can do in peace. I'll be down again probably for Thanksgiving or Labor Day(slight chance) to do stuff with them. I think my husband wants to take them to Moody Gardens in Galveston. I would love to go, (i've never been) , but I will go next time and plus they won't remember that I wasn't there. :)

Once they return, that following Saturday or Friday early evening we are taking them to their very 1st Movie! Cars 2!! We've debated on whether 2.5 is too early for a movie. It may be and they won't remember, but I can only imagine their faces when the big movie starts and how loud its going to be!! We'll see how long they actually sit and watch it. Maybe 45 minutes? We will even let them eat candy, but Chase doesn't really like candy. Preston does!!! LOL! He is so me!! So I'm really looking forward to that on July 9th!

Okay, back to me, so yea. Just me , myself and I starting this Friday to Monday. I know some of you are probalby like (I can't believe she's doing that, leaving her kids with her at such a young age, but its' their nana and papa and my husband. I don't think we need any more adults helping out! LOL! To each their own right? I think what's going to happen is that once they hit like 4 or 5 years old, we'll let them spend a week down at nana's in the summer or maybe even longer since my parents are in town. Otherwise, that won't ever see them that much, u know one on one time....

Tonight and Tomorrow, I am going to enjoy my time with them as much as a I can b/c I know I'll miss the WAAAYYY too much this coming weekend.

I'll post what actually happened next week.
Ciao!

1 comment:

Mazzy said...

Girl, I'd give my left arm for a weekend to myself. You are so blessed!! I totally would have taken advantage as well. I am so glad you are comfortable enough with your in laws to have this set up!!!

I hope you enjoyed it!!!