Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What a Great Father's Day!

What a wonderful Father's Day we had! The whole weekend was fun actually.
Friday- I went to my softball game while the hubby and the boys ventured to the mall for some indoor play area fun, Dick's Sporting Goods, Barnes & Nobles reading time and a Cookie! LOL!

Saturday, I was able to run in the am. About 9:30am is when its TOO hot to run now in DALLAS. I started at 8:45 and by then, I was dying of sweat and hottness!

Then I went to a friends birthday party at Gymboree with my mom. My husband had his monthly guys golf thing at a country club in Flower Mound(suburb of Dallas). Then I went back to my mom's house after the party for a bit and then I left to go to a friend's, husbands sisters house Juneteeth celebration. It's only celebrated in Texas and if don't know what it is. Google it. :) So there , they have a pool(which me and the boys got in to). Well Chase basically sat on the edge and put his feet in and kicked them. LOL! Preston and I were in the intertube ring, but he didn't want me to hold on to him. He was like "I don it"!. That boy is something else. They also smoke chicken, pulled pork, brisket, hotdogs, links. Delicious! They have a 6 year old boy, so there were plenty of toys upstairs for MY boys to play with and plenty of other kids that age to keep them entertain and helped them. Their favorite? A bullet train on a track that was remote controled. Preston NEVER came downstairs. I had to bring the food upstairs and feed him b/c he was so into that toy! LOL!
We didn't get back home until like 10:30pm that night.

Sunday, while hubby went to work till 2, The boys and I went out to Target. I told them, that when we go to Target they HAVE to stay in the basket and sit down. Low and behold, they acutally did! It was totally sucessful. They didn't even ask to get out and see the toys!

Then we headed off back to my Parent's house to celebrate Father's Day. My mom cooked ham, green beans, mashed potatoes, rolls and for dessert she fixed Banana pudding. Yummy!! :) The boys spent almost 2 hours outside with the sprinkler/pool. Okay maybe 1.5 hours. I don't know. Lost track of time. They had soooo much fun!

It was a fun weekend. I didn't get my husband a present Sunday, but I'm getting it this weekend. He just needs a new belt for his work pants. We aren't getting each other any lavish gifts b/c we see the light at the end of the tunnel to become debt free! :)

Okay, so here are some photos!!!
LONG over due!


No comments: