Monday, April 30, 2012

WHAT A WEEK!!!

Sooo... I was almost a single mom all week M-Sunday last week.  My husband works for a company that has UNION workers and they went on strike last week.  He got chosen to work 12 hour shifts in lieu of this. So he worked 10am - 10pm every day last week.  So I worked and was at home with the boys every sing week night and then ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday! OMG!! NOW I have a taste of being a single parent with two kids is like. It's so freaking hard! And I didn't even take them in the morning. Husband was still able to take them. Talk about tired! So good thing is that he got paid for 84 hours last week. I don't know HOW people work 80 hour weeks. It's so funny though. On Saturday and Sunday mornings, I would walk out the room or try to run up to the store and my boys would be like, Where's Mommy? Where is she going and I'm like, ummm I've been with you every single minute when we were at home, and you still want me around? What about daddy!?? LOL!! Unfortunately, they have NOT come to an agreement, but they are still on strike. Luckily, my husband said they told them what days the needed off this week and he is not working Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, so I'm cook with that. Hate to say the money ain't bad and we NEED it. :)

Yesterday was our 6 year anniversary and he wasn't even home. I had planned this weekend for us to go to the Zoo with the boys Saturday and then have my parents watch the boys on Sunday for a nice dinner.  What ended up happening was I took the boys to my parents house Saturday and then I cooked pot roast on Sunday with no hubby home to eat it fresh. IT Sure was good though.Mother in Law recipe. :) I did on Saturday get a mani/pedi, so that was relaxing...

I was able to get a few things done when they were napping Sunday, like organize their drawers , clean up my room, go through the mail etc... We went to Target and later I took them to the park where another one of their classmates was there, so they started playing with her and I started chatting with the mom. :)

I'm starting my 3rd week at my new job at the Marketing Agency and I simply love it! I also loved the 2 week "fat" check I got today also. Loving this new job and the raise! :)

Well soccer is coming to an end with 2 games left and on to t-ball in June. Today is the last day to sign them up, so that is what I'll be doing on my lunch break. I also need to call the swimming lesson guy today on when I can sign him up for that. It's basically for two weeks M-F and then M-Th for 30 minutes. I've heard this one of the best ways to go! They learn so much more and faster if you go every day and not once a week or twice a week etc... And he only does 2 per class, so it's perfect for my boys!! We got many recommendations for this guy, so I'm excited.. We'll see how they do and I'll keep you posted.

One good thing about this extra money is not only do we have extra to pay down our debt, but my husband offered to give some of this money to FINALLY get me and IPAD!!! I was so shocked because he has been all about paying off debt which I am too, but I think I'll let this one time slide and take him up on this offer! :) We are also getting a MUCH needed kitchen table. That's coming from my paid out vacation from my old job....  I have some really cute pics of the boys we took a month ago. I finally got the cd back this Saturday. I'll try to post them this week!  Happy Monday

Adios!

No comments: