Monday, April 23, 2012

Children's Books

I need more Children Books for the boys.. Does anyone know where I can purchase cheap/inexpensive Children's books for my boys. I've been slacking on reading to them at home due to NO new books, but want to start back stocking up.  And now pay like an ARM and a Leg at B&N etc..

Also, I've never taken my kids to the library. Mainly because I don't go anymore and my boys talk so loud!!! Anyways, when is a good age to introduce them to the library? I know they have events there for toodlers and mostly these are held during the day for Stay at Home moms... Anyone have any ideas?

On another note, this weekend was super busy and it wasn't really intended to be, but geez did DFW have great weather.  I ran in the FW Zoo 5K, which was fun, but i didn't do very well. Next time. It had been a year since I competed... Then the boys had they team soccer pics at 10am and then a game at 11am, where Preston cried like 7 times. He's only cried in one other game. What happened was that the other team had very fast boys and they pushed Preston all over the place and the Preston would push back and then he would start crying. It was a mess!!  We only have 3 more games.  This was the MOST aggressive team we've played. I'm ready to move on to T-Ball where there isn't man on man contact! LOL!

Then we met a friend and her twin boys at Legoland in Grapevine. What a great place. It's not very big, but the boys LOVED It! Their favorite area was the build a lego car and race in down the ramp! :)

That evening we had some other friends swing by with their little girl. We hadn't seen them in like 2 months.

Sunday, some moms from the boys daycare met at a local park for a picnic. It was a nice park, that I hadn't been to. Had Volleyball (sand), basketball and a great "age appropriate" playground. It was nice b/c there were so many helpers with my boys and one of the girls brought sand stuff, so all the kids went down and played in the sand. Needless to say, the boys needed a bath afterwards.. :)

Then they napped in the car on the way to see "A day out with Thomas the Train". This is where they have a real train , but with Thomas's face , that you can ride for 25 minutes. They were already sold out, but we got to enjoy other festivities.

We plan to take the boys on a train here in DFW. Either Dallas's or FW's, just for fun. CHASE really wanted to do the BIG train. I felt so bad.

Our 6 year anniversary is April 29th. We were going to go out to the zoo(since I got a free ticket from doing the zoo run and the boys are still '2 years old' ;) hahaha. But we'll see. Maybe take them to this new restaurant in FW called "The Wood Shed". We'll see.

Gotta get through my 2nd work week! :)
Pictures to come next post!

Adios!

No comments: