Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The differences between a boy and a girl

I leave my boys with my mom Sunday, so I could go get a pedicure. Maybe I shouldn't have told them where I was going(as I pointed to my toes and said I am getting these painted) because Preston says, "Mommy, I want to paint my toes??" Ugh, what am I supposed to say to that? So I say, "Only girls get their toes painted" and he gives me this sad face :( , but then I say "Maybe we could put some clear polish on them later , okay?" Preston says, "Okay" and goes off and plays with a smile on his face.

Oh my goodness!! Can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to answer future more personal questions with my boys?!! I am not prepared! Help! :) 

They are so freaking cute though! LOVE THEM!!!!!!! :)



2 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Since you asked for advice, here is mine....
Hannah went through a stage where she said she was a boy. While I never made a big deal about it, I always confirmed to her that no, she is a girl. She does girl things with mommy and daddy is a boy. Daddy does boy things. When/if we have a son, we will make sure he knows that he is a boy and does boy things. Boys don't dress up in pricess clothes, paint their toenails, whatever. I wouldn't mind if my son got into dance or something, but it is very important that your sons identify with daddy and not you. There you have it:)

CJ said...

Great! Thanks Abby. I will try that!